It’s “Midterms Week” at New York University. Coupled with the (freezing) change in weather, students are scoping out prime indoor study spots. Yesterday I caught up with my brother, also a student at NYU, for a quick cup of coffee before his Computer Programming Midterm (ew!). The “bro” and I met at Think Coffee right on the NYU campus (Mercer b/t 3rd and 4th Streets).
Think Coffee is your quintessential college coffee shop:
- Laptops on every table (free Wi-fi)
- Live music in the evenings – see upcoming events here
- Student publications and event fliers everywhere
- Breakfast, soups, sandwiches, pastries, etc.
- Coffee bar, high bar stool tables, cozy reading chairs, coaches, tables, and booths
- 4 other NYC locations, all in lower-midtown (Chelsea, West Village, East Village) – ie. large student population
My only issue? Good luck finding a place to sit – especially during Midterms or Finals week. If a student’s lucky enough to snatch up a table or booth, he/she probably won’t be moving for a good few hours (why would you? Great coffee, yummy food, warmth, and wi-fi!).
My brother and I braced the cold and found a bench to sit at across the street from Think. He (somehow) ordered an iced coffee because he loves how strong the baristas brew their iced coffee at Think. I stuck with a big mug of hot coffee to warm my hands and my insides. We also shared a pumpkin-cranberry loaf…SO GOOD. It tasted like Autumn – moist, spice-infused pumpkin bread with tart dried cranberries on top. Yum!
Think describes their coffee as a medium-bold roast that’s both strong and satisfying. They also offer a unique “Single Source” coffee brewing option – this shows that Think baristas really care about the craft and personality of coffee.
In addition to our house blend, we offer a variety of coffees that come from a single farm and are roasted by a boutique roaster. The flavors are distinct. The coffee is personal.
- Guatemala: Ixil A’achimbal – peachy vanilla sorbet/milk chocolate
- Nicaragua: Finca Santa Isabel – warm lemon with honey/creamy tamarind
- Costa Rica: La Candelilla Estate – creamy fig/subtle orange/sweet lime grape
Oh, and did I mention that Think Coffee upholds a Fair Trade, organic, environmentally-friendly philosophy and supports local non-profit organizations? Sweet. As Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, “I’ll be back!”